Tiara Joy

My photo
Mukilteo, WA, United States
I'm a mid-late twenties female that's just trying to get my life going in the right direction in all aspects. This blog will follow me thru all my thoughts no matter how silly, serious, funny or sad.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summa Summa Summa time.....

August always seems to be such a crazy busy month. I feel like everyone holds off on all their summer plans until August.

Now, I don't know if this is just because in the Pacific NW it seems to be a better bet for weather or if people just like to slowly wade into their summer. Step by step entering into the crazy whirlpool of summertime living.
 
July seems to be the lazy month. The month we go with the flow and take our time with making plans and being more last minute and spontaneous. July is the month that you get to grab some friends and head up to a river somewhere for a few days. You get to call everyone over for a impromptu BBQ. You can lay on the top of the sheets in bed with fans blowing in all directions for as long as you like. Sleeping in on weekends is a given. Wonderfully warm mid-afternoon naps on the couch. You take advantage of EVERY SINGLE nice day outside.

Then Comes August!

If you are like me, your entire fridge is covered in invitations to Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Bachelorette Parties, Wedding Showers, Weddings, Birth Announcements, Birthdays, Family reunions, Family BBQ's..... Every weekend is packed to the max and every spare second of the work week is filled with baking, cooking, cleaning, shopping for said events.

If July is the Lazy month then August is the Over Achiever of the bunch.

August tries to cram it all in.

I think August forgets that there is still 11 more months in the year besides her.  In Washington, September can be just as nice and agree-able as August.   Why can't she share with her?

Today is the last day of August and I couldn't be happier!  I'm ready for the slower pace of life. I'm ready for the cozy weather, the baking, the twinkle lights, the fog, the crisp air, the golden colors.

As much as I adored my brother's wedding, the family picnic, my best friend from middle school's bridal shower, and all the other amazing things I was able to witness in the month of August, I'm ready for my September. I'm even MORE ready for my favorite month of all time!!!

October are you ready for me?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment