Tiara Joy

My photo
Mukilteo, WA, United States
I'm a mid-late twenties female that's just trying to get my life going in the right direction in all aspects. This blog will follow me thru all my thoughts no matter how silly, serious, funny or sad.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Since that fateful July 6th 2013

I remember sitting on the toilet staring at that little stick.

I remember the absolute thrill and the absolute, all encompassing terror that washed through me.

I stared at that stick for a good minute or two making sure that I was really seeing two lines. Trying to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Then I realized I had to tell Cory. Crap.

We were trying. It shouldn't be that scary. We knew this would happen eventually.  What better timing? Our friends were expecting! This will be fun! right?

I walked out of the bathroom shaking and debating how to go about this. I wanted to do something cute and memorable but I also knew I couldn't keep it in. So I walked right up to him as he was sitting on the computer in the dining room.

I asked him if he wanted to do a shot. Yep. I said " hey babe you want a shot of jagger? or Fireball?"

He looked at me like I was crazy and said no. I then told him we have all these half bottles in the freezer and someone needs to drink them and it's not going to be me. Then he laughed, looked at me and said "what are you pregnant or something?"

This was it. I had to just say it. "Yep." It took everything in me not to start laughing and crying. He didn't believe me and I had to tell him I was dead serious as I was hysterically laughing. He still said no way and I had to pull him into the bathroom and show him the test as I was shaking the whole time.

His response was really nothing to write home about. I think he said oh crap once or twice and that was it. I got radio silence for a day or two while he processed this Earth-shattering news. I know how he processes so it was ok. I did my best to not just jump into BABY mode and give him time to take it all in.

Two weeks later he was in the kitchena nd popped his head out with a big goofy grin and looked me straight in the eye and said, " This means I get to take the baby to it's first ever Monster Truck show right?"

"Yes, darling. You get to be there for the first of EVERYTHING!" And with that he was done processing and was ready to be excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment